Founded in 1993, Fangda Partners is a full-service law firm advising on PRC and Hong Kong laws.
We have approximately 700 lawyers in our five offices in major Chinese cities: Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Shenzhen. We operate as a single, integrated partnership, not as an alliance of lawyers in different locations.
Our lawyers collaborate seamlessly across practice groups and locations to provide our clients with exceptional service, sophisticated advice and practical solutions founded on our legal expertise, sound knowledge of market practice, deep understanding of the industry landscape and proven ability to assist our clients achieve their business objectives.
Firm of Choice for
the Most Difficult
We are the firm of choice for businesses requiring solutions to their most difficult and complex legal issues. Leading companies and financial institutions in China and around the world turn to us for legal representation or counseling on their most significant legal and business challenges, whether transactions or disputes.
a China Edge
We are known for our cross-border capabilities with a China edge.Our team consists of lawyers qualified in Australia, England and Wales, Singapore, U.S., Hong Kong and the PRC.
The diversity of our professionals and our strong local law capabilities enable us to bridge legal, regulatory, language and cultural differences that clients inevitably face in transactions and disputes involving multiple jurisdictions.
At the Forefront
We have been at the forefront of the development of commercial law practice in China for over two decades.
We have a proven track record advising clients on groundbreaking transactions or defending them in unprecedented disputes. Some selected notable matters on which we have advised include:
- First initial public offering by a Chinese company involving an international underwriter
- The first domestic listing by a company incorporated outside the PRC (so-called red chip company)
- Formation of the first open-end mutual fund in China
- First foreign acquisition of a controlling stake in a Chinese public company
- First FRAND litigation in China
- Representing the claimant in obtaining the first injunction in an IP litigation under Chinese procedural law
- First public interest environmental litigation brought by an NGO against a multinational company in China